Thursday, July 09, 2009

Fake HP Spare Parts

I just came back yesterday from HP Service Centre Malaysia ( in Jalan Gelengang,KL ). I just found out that both my power adaptor and battery are fake one. Sad story ya 

A bit of story on this. I bought my power adaptor in Kuala Belait late last year. Do you know where Kuala Belait is ? Kuala Belait is a small town in Brunei,basically an oil town. It’s nearer to Miri instead to Bandar Seri Begawan,the capital. Having computer problem in this small and quiet town could be a very complicated problem. I had to go to the computer store there ( in fact 1 of the best stores there out of several other choices ). This “ X “ store then had to order it from somewhere ( KL according to them ) and I ended have to wait for about 3 weeks to get it.Guess what ? I got a fake one with the price of genuine one . Be very careful guy as a lot of fake power adaptor are in the market. There’s one and in fact very easy differentiator between fake and genuine one. Genuine power adapter from HP has no light indicator. Meanwhile most ( if not all ) of the fake one have it.

How about the battery ? I bought it in Sungai Wang Plaza,in fact the store got it from Low Yat Plaza,the famous place to buy IT stuffs in Kuala Lumpur. The battery turned to be a fake one as well. When I bought it actually I was already suspicious as there’s made in china sign and also no HP mark on it. The battery ran smoothly only for 1- 2 weeks and after that it works like flashing lights ( sometimes it can be charged and sometimes can’t ).

The combination of this 2 spare parts caused my computer ran very slow even if I only ran MS Word or Winamp. Based on HP Engineer,the power adaptor might cause the motherboard to run very slow. In return the whole computer ran very slow.

Anyway it’s all only story now as I finally have the new power adaptor and battery. My computer come back to normal and I now can work easily with it. Just a lesson learn that we need to be careful with fake spare parts as it might cause more horrendous problems than what we might expect.

No comments: